Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Tale of the Wallpaper

When we moved into this house 5 years ago we thought about redoing our bedroom. You see, it has floor to ceiling wallpaper, and since we live in a 50's bungalow, there is one really tall wall that I stare at every time I go into our room.

When my mom saw the wallpaper she called it "modern". Her definition of modern and mine are quite different I found out that day. It comes complete with a matching border too.

Photobucket

We decided we would rather do other projects on the main floor and leave the bedroom alone. So, we did those other projects and for 5 years I've been searching for a way to redo this bedroom without touching the wallpaper. I also need to mention that we have matching blue carpet. As you can see, my option are very limited.

We've decided to put our house up for sale in late winter, early spring. So, I've finally found something that I love and would love to move into a new house with a (hopefully) more neutral color palate.

I found this pillow at TJMaxx. It's Grammercy Studio and it cost $11.99.

Photobucket

I'm searching for the bedding I have in my mind and when I find it, I'll post it. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,good to have you back :)
    Are you still looking for the house to match your color pallete?
    I find that diferent places make me want to have diferent colors. Like, for my house in Lisbon I wanted some colors but for my house here I want some others. Does that make sense?
    I'll keep tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, in a way. We want to move south when we sell this house, so I guess I'm getting in that mode. I just really love that green/aqua color combo. for a bedroom.

    ReplyDelete