Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sewing Class

Photobucket

I have my sewing refresher class tomorrow. I say "refresher" because I did take a class in 7th grade and oddly I remember a lot from that class. I have also sewed a few bags in the past few years that came out alright. I'm really looking forward to it.

I have dreams of making present for people and dresses for my daughter. My Mom gave me her old sewing machine, which is very basic, but it gets the job done.

Our class project is a pillowcase. I'll share it with you tomorrow. Anyone else sew?

4 comments:

  1. Me! And a whole lot of other online friends at patternreview.com (if you need help the messageboards there are a good place to visit.
    Have fun with the refresher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl.. you sound like me.. had sewing at early age, I have a nice sewing machine.. but only know hot to make blakets, pillows and hemming up our pants.. I do love to sew.. but I dont get out with the boys around... so a pain to get out and put back.. if I had a large project I would have to have a sewing room... which if I had "room" I would much rather a photo studio..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother tried very hard to teach me how to use a sewing machine but I always strectch too much the fabric.Never learned how to do it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! Computer ate my post. Instead of typing out my original too long answer, I'll just tell you that I have a sewing blog.

    www.loudsewingninja.blogspot.com

    I am getting pretty serious about sewing. Right now I am in the process of making a modified messenger bag. Four different fabrics, two kinds of interfacing. Most "advanced" project I have done yet.

    ReplyDelete