Friday, June 19, 2009

Stuffed Peppers

Another recipe from my Mother-Inlaw! I was not a big fan of peppers, but after a few weeks of forcing them in my diet I am actually starting to like them. They have to be very tender for me to even try them though.

Ingredients:

4 Green Peppers
1/2 c. chopped onions
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 Tbsp. margarine/butter
1 can Tomato Soup
2 Cups Cooked Rice
1 tsp. worchestershire sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

(1 very cute 3 year old cutting her onion to help you out!)
Remove tops and stems from peppers. Cook in boiling salted water about 5 minutes. Brown beef and onions. Stir in 1/2 can soup and remaining ingredients.
Spoon mixture into peppers.
Place in 1 1/2 QT. casserole dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Heat and serve remaining sauce over peppers.

This was a big hit. My husband loves it because it reminds him of his childhood. I liked it and that is saying a lot because I tend to be on the picky side. :)

2 comments: