Monday, April 13, 2009

Beef Stir Fry Recipe

I was looking for a recipe today to keep with our new eating habits and found a few that I liked. They merged into one, and it was really good!

1 package beef stripes
1/3 c. Stir Fry Sauce
1 TBS Wok Oil
1/2 c. Rice Sticks, boiled or fried
1/3 c. green onions
3/4 c. carrots
3/4 c. zucchini
3/4 c. broccoli


Marinate the meat for at least one hour in the Stir Fry sauce.  I did it for almost exactly one hour, but I think it would be better a little longer.
I served this meal with lettuce cups and brown rice.

Cut all the veggies to approximately the same size so they cook evenly.  Cook your rice sticks (takes about 10 minutes).  Warm the pan and pour in the Wok Oil.  Brown the meat in the stir fry sauce.  Poor in the veggies and cook until your desired tenderness. I put the lid on the pan for a few minutes to steam the veggies.
I was going to take a picture of the finished product, but it was gone before I thought of it.  It was good over rice or in the lettuce wraps.  

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy...I'll have to try that sometime soon. Where did you get the Stir Fry sauce? What is Wok Oil and rice sticks? Where do you get those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just seeing this now. The stir fry sauce and Wok oil are both made by House of Tsang and found in the Asian aisle of the grocery store. The rice sticks were in the same area.

    ReplyDelete