Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkin and Chocolate


Could it get any better?

I love Martha Stewart. She can be cold, demanding, set totally unattainable goals for the normal housewife, but isn't that part of her appeal? I find her so intriguing.

How in the world does she get all her sheets changed every 3 days? How does she do all these arts/crafts things while running a huge empire? I think we all know the answer to these questions... Help. She has help, a lot of it. I don't have help. I have myself and my husband. So, I read her website, watch her show (sometimes), and gaze at all her items for sale at the store.

I know that one day I'll have time for all her crafts/homekeeping. I also know that at that time my babies will be grown and I'll long for these days of chaos.

Where was I? Oh yeah, the bars.

I found this recipes when I was looking for something "Fall" to bake. Let me tell you, they are WONDERFUL. Yes, they are full of butter, and yes they are not healthy at all, but man, they are good.

I did change one thing, sorry Martha. I only used 1/2 the chocolate chips because I like the pumpkin taste and even then, to me, it was a bit too much chocolate (and I love chocolate).

Super easy. Try them, let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. oh Im going to have to try this.. Wonder if there would be a way to make them healthier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be making this this week! YUUUUUUUMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!!

    i just made pumpkin bread...but as usual, as with any bread i try to make, it didn't finish cooking in the middle. i don't know what in the world i do wrong!

    this sounds much more appealing to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie there is probably a way to make these more healthy, but trust me, you don't want to....

    Rachel, this happens to me too. I tried a new recipe for zucchini muffins and they were so dense that they didn't cook through. These are more brownie like than bread like...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nooo... are you kidding?! these are the TWO BEST FLAVORS IN THE WORLD, yo. where's my oven?! i'm on it...

    kelly

    ReplyDelete