Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bench Redesign

Since we are hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, I knew that we needed more seating. Our table only has four chairs, so we needed at least 2 more.

I started my search on Craigslist. After a few days of looking, I decided that a bench would work as well as a chair. I called the seller in the morning and in the afternoon, I went and picked up this bench!

It had very ugly, green vinyl on the cushion. The back was also scratched and dented, but I saw the potential.
I chose fabric from Amy Butler. It is called celery/imperial fans from the Nigella collection.
On Saturday night, I reupholstered the seat with the new fabric. On Sunday I cleaned the wood and used wax & wood touch-up to cover the scraps and scratches. And ta-dah, it's a new bench!
What do you think?

3 comments: