Monday, April 20, 2009

Baked Ziti


I'll admit, this is not the most healthy recipe, but it is so good!  I made this the first time for a potluck on New Years Eve.  I guess it is my signature dish now as everyone loved it.

I don't change a thing about this recipe. I found it on my favorite recipe site, All Recipes.  It was submitted by Colleen B. Smith.
 

Baked Ziti
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 35 Min
READY IN 55 Min

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

  • 1 pound dry ziti pasta
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
  • 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
  2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
  3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment