Thursday, January 29, 2009

Red is the new Purple

Each season I seem to gravitate towards a color. Last spring/summer it was purple. Purple carried me into fall and stayed with me in the winter. I think I look great in purple. I change my hair color quite a bit. I go from bright blonde in the spring/summer to my current color of light brown. Puple seems to flater both colors.

That is why I was suprised that when I was scanning my favorite websites I seemed to ditch purple and go for red. Red was my go-to color a few years ago, and like purple, it seems to really flatter me. I always seem to get a lot of compliments when I'm wearing red. Even my Dad gives me compliments and he does not give them out freely. :)

I bought three items last week and they came in the mail today. All three are from Old Navy.



The first is the puffy sleeve top. I love the scoop neck on me, but I'm not sure of the sleeves. They hit at a weird place on my upper arm. I'll have to try it on again, but I think it is going back, or maybe a size up would be better.


The second is very out of character for me. When I tried it on, I instantly liked it. It has elastic around the waist, so it hides my post baby belly, but isn't so baggy that it makes me look like I am expecting again. The V-neck is not too low, so no need for a cami under which is nice in warmer weather when layering out of the question.



The third is the spring jacket. I love the classic look of it. It is a bit darker khaki in person, but is still nice. I'll have to get used to the belt, but it will add a bit of polish to an otherwise casual spring outfit.

Now all I need is the weather to warm up so I can wear them!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I've given you an award - come and pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! That jacket will go with just about everything from jeans to skirts.

    I have always liked wearing red and purple together. It sounds like it would be jarring, but somehow it works.

    I was also on a purple kick for a long time but it seems to be moving into green territory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that jacket is very popular right now.. I see woman of all ages wearing it lately..

    ReplyDelete