Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Flashy

On Sunday, we went to see Santa and to Build a Bear Workshop.

Santa wasn't scheduled to open until 11:00, but when we got there at 10:45, the line was already long. So, since we had already gotten Ava hyped about it, there was no way we weren't seeing Santa. So, we got in line and waited.

Ava was very excited and told Santa what she wanted, a Buzz Lightyear and a Blue Rocket.Santa told her he would see what he could do. Then it was time to put Blake on his lap. Blake sat there stunned for a moment, then started the Blake whine. The "huh, huh, huh, huh.... while reaching for me. Here is our picture, not bad.

Then we went to Build-A-Bear Workshop. Last Christmas, my Mother-in-Law got him a gift card to Build-A-Bear, but since we hardly ever go to this mall (and last time I forgot the card), we have had it for almost a year.

Blake, with help from Ava, picked out a dog. Ava picked out the Holly, Christmas Moose. When we asked her what she wanted to name her moose, she said, "Her name is Holly." in that "DUH" voice. Then we asked her what Blake's dog should be named and without skipping a beat, she said, "FLASHY!". I have no idea where that name came from...

Blake had a good time running around the store,
and Ava had a good job "fluffing" both Holly and Flashy.
Then she gave Holly a bath and picked out an outfit for her, a coat and hat. We were also going to get Flashy an outfit, until Ava informed me that dogs don't wear clothes. Duh!
Blake does really like Flashy though. He likes to give him kisses.
On a side note, I'm feeling really overwhelmed. We usually travel for Christmas, so no worries about shipping gifts. Why I didn't buy all my gifts online, I'll never know, but buying and then shipping is stressing me out!

1 comment: