Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Scoop


I used to look at all those other Moms and think, that will never be me. I'll never end up day in and day out in sweatshirts or t-shirts. Oh how I was wrong.
It was a quick slide. Unfortunate, but quick. I'm not even sure how it happened, one day I had a closet full of clothes that I loved and shoes to match, and the next I had two pair of shoes that I settled for and a closet full on t-shirts and long sleeve t-shirts.
Since I had my second child earlier this year, and it is our last, I've decided to get "me" back. It's not going to be easy as I'll be on a strict budget, but I'm determined! I'm giving myself a year. Next Christmas, I'll have a closet that I love and an attitude to match.

Follow me on this journey. I'm going to need your encouragement and advice.

3 comments:

  1. My advice to my clients is:

    Write down a list of words that express how you'd like to be percieved by others - for example my list might be "creative, dynamic, approachable, stylish, caring" then from that, look at your clothes - if a garment doesn't say at least 3 of these words, it's not earning its keep in your wardrobe. Anything you buy needs to say these words - never buy clothes that just say to you "it'll do"!

    I look forward to following your journey - I've been there when I had my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm going to take your advice and think about what I want my clothes to say. I've been buying "it'll do" clothes for way to long now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote this post 3 days before I gave birth to my son. I'm totally ready to get some style, too!

    ReplyDelete