Friday, December 26, 2008

The Elusive Day Dress


On the show Tim Gunn's Guide to Style Tim has a list of 10 items that every wardrobe should contain. One of those items is a day dress. In my previous life as a teacher, I had a few dresses that I would wear to work, but mostly I would wear skirts or dress pants. I always wanted to incorporate more dresses, but being 5'3" tall, finding a dress is hard work.

Now that I am a stay-at-home Mom, I do not own one day dress. I have decided to add a dress to my shopping list in hopes of finding one that I can work into my life. I figure the trips to the mall, out with girlfriends, or out to a casual dinner with my husband would be a few places that I could wear this dress.

I found this dress at Nordstrom online. I like that it has a casual feel, but it is not sloppy. I would like to expand on the idea of a day dress, but I'm having a hard time finding them online. Any suggestions?
I picture myself wearing this with ballet flats or perhaps some type of heel. An espadrille?
What is your go-to day dress?

3 comments:

  1. I don't wear dresses either (only on rare occasions, anyway). I've been planning a wrap knit dress in both a print & a solid for myself but haven't got around to it yet.
    But what about http://tinyurl.com/9dtb4u or http://tinyurl.com/7gpok4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel.J, I really love the second one! Thank you for sending it my way. I'm planning on going to a mall next weekend that has an Anthropologie, so I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just live in dresses! For winter, it's sweater dresses with tights and high boots. For summer, it's colorful print sundresses with flip flops or wedges.

    ReplyDelete