Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Grand Haven, Day 4

We started this day with another wonderful breakfast.  Rob fixed us homemade biscuits (Grandma Kat's recipe), bacon, and sausage.



I enjoyed some coffee while the kids enjoyed some cartoons.


After breakfast we decided to the Rosy Mound Natural Area.  It costs $6 to park, but believe me, it is worth the money.  Blake surprised us and walked the .7 miles to Lake Michigan and the .7 miles back to the car.  I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.
























We thought after all the walking that morning the kids would be tired and take a nice long nap.  Well, not so much.

So, what to do with two cranky kids?  Walk along the pier!  After our walk we came home and ate hot dogs on the grill with chips.

Plans for a summer concert were thrown aside and we spent the rest of the evening at the beach house.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!!! How did you find me? (just a bit curious)... I'm also glad you are enjoying your vacation, we live in Saint Joseph, MI and know how wonderful it is to spend time on the lake this time of year...

    To answer some of your questions.. I got the curtains a few months ago. I revisited Burlington last week and saw that they had all of the stuff from this collection on sale. None of the curtains were left but they did have the comforter and some throw pillows with the same pattern and color as my curtains.

    And about the paint color, I will have to get back to you on that one. I don't remember the name, we have some in the basement but I NEVER go down there at night.. so I'll try to remember and write you tomorrow. Again, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete